PHP tutorial for beginners and professionals provides in-depth step-by-step knowledge of PHP scripting language. Using our tutorial you can learn PHP scripting language very easily.
PHP is the most popular open-source server-side scripting language in the world. This PHP tutorial comprises all the topics of PHP such as introduction, control statement, function, string, form handling, file handling, PHP MySQL, PHP with Ajax, PHP with JQuery, and PHP with XML.
What is PHP
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. PHP is the most popular server-side scripting language that is used to produced dynamic web content. This is mainly suited for web designing, not for standalone application design.
PHP is an open-source, embedded, and object-oriented language that is executed at the server end that means PHP does not work on the computer or system that is used to view the webpage, called the client. This is work on a specialized system called a server which stores all the web pages along with logic.
PHP was originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994 but appeared in the market in 1995. Initially, it was known as Personal Home Page. PHP 7.4.3 is the latest version of PHP, which was released on 20 February 2020. Below are the important points about PHP.
- PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor.
- PHP is an object-oriented language.
- PHP is an interpreted language i.e. there is no need for a compiler.
- PHP is faster than other scripting languages, such as ASP and JSP.
- PHP is the most popular server-side language that is used to generate dynamic web content.
- PHP can be embedded into HTML.
- PHP is an open-source language.
- PHP is a cross-platform language that runs on Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.
- PHP is easier to learn than any other fully-featured language like C, Java, or Perl.
Why use PHP
There are other scripting languages like JSP and ASP available in the market. Then the question is why use PHP over other languages. PHP is a popular server-side scripting language which generates dynamic web page.
- PHP can generate dynamic web content, database well session tracking for the webpage.
- PHP can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server.
- PHP can collect form data.
- PHP can add, delete, modify data in your database (that is why it is a perfect match for MySQL).
- PHP can be used to control user access.
- PHP can encrypt data.
- PHP can send and receive cookies.
HTML – HTML is used for create static web content.
CSS – CSS is used for the styling of web pages. It is mainly used to make webpage attractive.
Our PHP tutorial is designed for beginners and professionals. This PHP tutorial will be helpful for those who are unaware of the concept of PHP but have a basic understanding of computer language.
We can assure you that you will not find any problem with our PHP tutorial. But if you find any error or mistake, please send the error using the contact form.